Sunday, November 3, 2013

In The Beginning...Let There Be Signs

Hello blog land! I have finally found my way back to you. :-D I've decided to do the best I can to keep friends, family and customers alike, all up to date on the many projects that I create. 
My main focus has been geared towards hand painted wooden signs...though I see rusty old metal in my near future as well. Most of the wood that I use is reclaimed lumber...from cabinet doors that's been thrown out on the curb to the antique wood that's  barely holding up an old North Texas barn! You are sure to get a one-of-a-kind piece of art when you order from designsbykendra. 

My latest piece was inspired by the late Kidd Kraddick with his famous quote, "Keep looking up 'cause that's where it all is!" 

This particular sign has been claimed, as it was a custom order by a dear sweet customer and friend. However this sign can be recreated for you. I have a few planks of wood left that are similar to these antique beauties. Depending on size, this sign would be $35-$45+. 
Please keep in mind when browsing through pictures (I will upload as many as I can, soon) and choosing what you'd like to order...that all of the wood that I use is reclaimed. So I'm not always able to recreate the same sign and it will never be exactly the same. Each piece is unique as I make no attempts to cover, hide, repair or discard any wood that is with holes/knotholes, scratches and all of the beautiful natural distressing that is found in reclaimed antique wood. If you have your eye on a particular sign though, I will do my best to get the closest looking planks that I can. :-) 


Here is another sign that I recently finished for another sweet and loyal customer of mine. You too can have a "Love Board" for $55-$85 (depending on size of board...this one is pretty large). Message me with approximate measurements and I'll get right on it for ya!! Also the arrow next to this sign is available! Mention this blog and you can take the arrow home for $15.00. Or add a name/word to it and take it home for $20! An added bonus...the opposite side of the arrow is a very distressed chippy white....sure to match any decor! 

The signs in the picture above are all available right now for purchase! Contact, message me if you have any questions about any of them! 

Well, that's all for now, but I will add more soon. As always, thanks for y'all's support and encouragement!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Designsbykendra loves feedback! I welcome your comments and questions. If you leave a message and then later you don't see it here please feel free to contact me!